Great merit can be accumulated by taking and observing these One-day Mahayana Precepts for any 24-hour period. The vows can be taken at your own home altar, in a temple, or simply after invoking the presence of the Buddha.
- Avoid killing, directly or indirectly.
- Avoid stealing and misappropriation.
- Avoid sexual contact.
- Avoid lying and deception.
- Avoid intoxication.
- Avoid overeating.
- Avoid ornamentation and high beds and seats.
- Avoid frivolous entertainment.
If you would like further guidance on this practice, please feel free to contact Tashi Nyima at GreatMiddleWay@gmail.com.