1. Honoring Amideva through bowing and making offerings;
2. Proclaiming and praising Amideva’s Vows, and extolling His virtues;
3. Generating the definitive aspiration to be born in the Pure Land;
4. Remembering and contemplating Amideva’s Holy Name and the qualities of His Pure Land; and
5. Transferring our merit to others, that they may be born in the Pure Land, and returning to this world after perfect enlightenment to succor all sentient beings.
Of these five, remembering and contemplating Amideva’s Holy Name is the essential practice, and the others are auxiliary.